TECHNOLOGY TOOLS: SAMR
SUBSTITUTION • AUGMENTATION • MODIFICATION • REDEFINITION
WHAT IS SAMR?
"SAMR is a model designed to help educators infuse technology into teaching and learning. Popularized by Dr. Ruben Puentedura, the model supports and enables teachers to design, develop, and infuse digital learning experiences that utilize technology. The goal is to transform learning experiences so they result in higher levels of achievement for students". Kathy Schrock's Guide to Everything: http://www.schrockguide.net/samr.html
MORE ABOUT SAMR
- SAMR Video - from Common Sense Media
- 8 Examples of Transforming Lessons Through the SAMR Cycle
GFPS TECHNOLOGY STANDARDS
TEACHER TOOLS & RESOURCES
- Befunky: Photo editing and graphic design tool.
- Blendspace: Create digital lessons with interactive content. There is also a gallery of lessons other teachers have submitted.
- Canva: Create info-graphics.
- Capzles: Combine photos, videos, music & documents into one!
- Comic Masters: Allows you to create your own short graphic novel.
- Emaze: Online presentation tool.
- EdPuzzle: Create engaging content by building in questions and checks for understanding into YouTube videos.
- Dotstorming: Dotstorming takes the process of dot voting online to allow groups of people to collaborate on a topic.
- Thinglink: Create interactive images and videos
- Picmonkey: Online photo editing and creating.
- Piktochart: Another cool info-graphic site (one of my personal favorites) Login with your Google account or set up your own account.
- PowToon: Create animated videos and presentations
- Touchcast: Anyone can easily create professional-quality videos combined with all the interactivity you expect to find inside a browser. Students can post videos to your channel - you can make this a private channel too! This is an app based/downloaded software program. Give me a call if you are interested in trying it, and I can help get it set up!
- Video Ant: Annotate videos you find on YouTube to engage students and promote critical thinking.
- Videonot.es: Take notes while watching videos.
- Zaption: Turn online videos into interactive learning experiences that engage students and deepen understanding.
- Other Digital Storytelling Web 2.0 tools